Author Topic: star {pure at heart)  (Read 7312 times)

tguntrader

• Active Members
    • View Profile
star {pure at heart)
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:23:00 am »
Hi Guy,s

What does every one think about cutting out the last station so you can put a  case kicker on  regular loader ?

Thanks Tguntrader
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:34:22 am by tguntrader »

ARTINCT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • Lithics Net
Re: star {pure at heart)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »
Hi:
I have 4 STAR Universals in operation.
All of them have case kickers (Moon Unit).
I am not quite sure what you mean by "cutting out the last station"?

Pretty much all of my STARs have taper crimp dies in the last station other than the .38 Special press.
The Moon Unit case kicker works with all of them even with the case kicker installed.
You just have to adjust your taper crimp die such that it does not crush the jaws of the case kicker or bend them.

The case kicker requires you to have the #68U solid shell floor base plug installed vs the hollow drop thru/down plug.

Art In Connecticut

LeupoldMRK4

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:10:47 pm »
What hes saying is on the Progressive model it needs a slot milled in the base so the case can come out the side. Otherwise it must fall threw the base.

leatherguy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »
Hi, I know exactly what you are refering to! I have a Star 45acp with the most unusual case kicker. It eliminates the last station. An arm swings through that position indexing the machine and kicking the  finished shell out, in one operation. This case kicker eliminates the safety cam, and prohibits use of the last station. I am about to remove this device so I can put tapered crimp die in that last station. This machine has the standard roll crimp which has caused me some problems in a S.A. Army I have with a 45ACP cylinder. Roll crimped ACP's don't work well in cylinders. Must use tapered crimp. Anyway, to respond to your original question, depending on what you are loading, that last station (as far as I know) is used for tapered crimp dies. If your shell does not require a tapered crimp, just plug the hole and use the kicker.

I must mention, There are a lot more qualified people here to reference than myself. I am a beginner! These guys know what they are talking about!

Leatherguy