Author Topic: A bit off topic - Question  (Read 10201 times)

dbltapster

• Active Members
    • View Profile
A bit off topic - Question
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:07:42 pm »
I am looking for information about another kind of vintage reloader.  I am hoping one of the learned members of this forum can point me in the right direction or put me in contact with the right person...

I'm looking for a Potter Duplex reloader.  I understand they can be difficult to come by, but I am interested in possibly purchasing one. Anyone with information about them, please let me know.

Thanks, and sorry for the off-topic question.  PM me for my contact info.  Jon.

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: A bit off topic - Question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:46:43 pm »
I believe that Ken Walters (member here) used to have a few Potters.  At least he wrote an article on them once in one of the handloader books.  You could try a PM, but I think he had gotten rid of his old reloaders.  Good luck, Potters do not come up very often.

John

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:12:11 pm »
2 over at PAFOA , atleast there was a 2 days ago\

2 potter duplex press's with dies/plates for .222 38s on press's set up, also 270w dies and a 220s plate
http://www.streetlethal.net/potter/

HTH

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:45:57 am »
 Thanks for posting the picture link.

Obviously, I prefer the Star, but am always interested to see what else is/was out there.
Any idea year of vintage?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

dbltapster

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »
I was able to purchase the entire lot of equipment which included a Herters Super 81, Hollywood, and 2 Potter Duplex reloaders.  As I understand ( I have only heard cursory information), Potter manufactured from the 40s to the 60s.  They also made a press called a "Gem" and one other (I think).  They also made a lead hardness tester, ingot molds, and electric lead melting furnaces.

I was hoping the seller had pamphlets, instruction manuals, etc. but no luck.  I'll be interested to get a close look at the equipment and the little accessory items he includes.

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 07:58:24 pm »
"Don't Pass Up a Potter" 11th edition Handloader Digest 1987 page 18

It has been a very long while since I've seen this old article of mine but as far as I know it was the only piece ever written about the Potters.  I had found the Potter family and had them fact check it for me.
former progressive press collector

dbltapster

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »
Mr. Walters, Just the fellow I'd like to talk with!  I'm sending you a PM.