Author Topic: WTB 9mm, 45 ACP Dies  (Read 8702 times)

R.Fisher

• View Profile
WTB 9mm, 45 ACP Dies
« on: October 13, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »
i am New to the reloading scene, my dad has has 2 Star Presses in really good condition he has not used them in years. he has misplaced his DIES and told me if i can locate them or a new/used set he will teach me to reload my own ammo. i have been shooting for the last 6 years im 24 now and think i can definately benifit from reloading my own ammo. if anyone here would like to sell there Dies please let me know also any info is good info for me as well and thank you all

*also would like to know if i could use any other Dies or do they need to be Star. thanks again.

*ok so we found his .38 spc and .357 equipment. and tore the garage apart looking for the 9mm and .45 ACP with No luck.  i really want to buy the 9mm and .45 Dies. also would like to know what other dies can be used with the star press as far as brands or is it better to use the star DIES. thank you for all the help so far.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:42:07 pm by R.Fisher »

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: WTB 9mm, 45 ACP, .38 spc and .357 Dies
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:08:15 pm »
38 Special and .357 are loaded with the same dies and shell plate.  I have an extra shell plate and die set for 38 Special/.357.

PM Sent
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:13:37 pm by rbwillnj »
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

angus6

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:00:56 pm »
i am New to the reloading scene, my dad has has 2 Star Presses in really good condition he has not used them in years. he has misplaced his DIES and told me if i can locate them or a new/used set he will teach me to reload my own ammo. i have been shooting for the last 6 years im 24 now and think i can definately benifit from reloading my own ammo. if anyone here would like to sell there Dies please let me know also any info is good info for me as well and thank you all

*also would like to know if i could use any other Dies or do they need to be Star. thanks again.

Hi, I've got a couple complete conversions with toolhead , some die sets with shellplate or just the dies , open to offers and trades

Steve Doering

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:06:21 am »
I have an unused set of C&H .45 ACP dies that I ordered before I bought a complete loader in that caliber.  I have the shell plate for the .45 also if you need that.  Send me an e-mail if interested at sbdoering(at)embarqmail(dot)com
S B Doering