Author Topic: Star Universal in Canada  (Read 7138 times)

Ronald T

• Active Members
  • 604-820-1564
    • View Profile
Star Universal in Canada
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:28:57 pm »
I reside in Mission BC Canada and am interested in selling a STAR Universal.  The unit is set up for 38 special.  Given the weight, I know shipping would be a killer but more than that, could I import to the USA a loader without an import licence?  I know there are all kinds of restrictions on firearms and firearms related goods.  Is there any on loading units?
Ron

askimball (Doc)

• Active Members
  • Cell - 318-518-0829 Central Time
    • View Profile
Re: Star Universal in Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »
Don't know about Reloading Equipment, BUT, Ebay doesn't consider them firearms
related items if that helps..............???
Doc - I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Retired Police Captain

askimball (Doc)

• Active Members
  • Cell - 318-518-0829 Central Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:21 pm »
I found this on Cast Bullits Forum:
'Just got off thephone with both of the Canadian locations of Cabelas, Very dissapointing. Neither of them ( or the one opening up here in the spring ) carry ANY Boolit casting equipment! So I thought I would call The real Cabelas (US ) they have the lyman 4500 in stock ($ 80.00 cheaper than here in town ) But will not ship any reloading eqipment north of the US border, no dies , lubers, nothing! All of it is prohibited by US law according the the lady that I talked to. I think the Gov is taking this a little too far. The lady was very pleasant and appologetic , but explained the the government is only watching out for the well being of it's population. Perhaps they received an order for a couple of thousand sizers from a group outside the US and were affraid that they were up to no good.'
Doc - I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Retired Police Captain

Ronald T

• Active Members
  • 604-820-1564
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:14:38 am »
Thanks for the information.  I've since read both sides and will do a little more checking but I am now of the belief reloading equipment (presses) are OK.  I'm going to check with Gov. authorities to ensure no problems. 

Regards