Author Topic: Pictures from the Past  (Read 10595 times)

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Pictures from the Past
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:07:40 pm »
The attached pictures are courtesy of member ar dick harris.   All were taken in 1969/70 time frame.

The first one is Elard Mock assembling Stars in the shop area in 1969.  The first picture I have ever seen of the inside of Star Machine Works.

The next picture is of Ira Wilkerson and Dick Harris outside Star Machine Works in 1969.   Ira worked in the office and handled incoming phone calls.

The third picture is of John Hulme outside of his garage work shop.  According to Dick Harris, John produced the Hulme Case Feeders in a 10ft X 10ft corner of the garage.

Lastly, Elard Mock's business card.

Thank you to A R "Dick" Harris for sharing.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Joatmon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures from the Past
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:33 pm »
Thanks for sharing the pictures Bruce, I have often heard the names of these folks but had no idea what any of them looked like.  That shop sure had a lot of reloading history attached to it.  It would have been fun to talk to those guys about the business.  I got into using Stars only a few years ago, quite a while after I started handloading. 

Kirk A

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:36 am »
Thanks, Bruce! Thanks, Dick!  Great history. I've added it to my Picassa web album for Star Reloading, along with pictures of my own bench (see https://picasaweb.google.com/116590779301281658338/StarReloading# for photos).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:26:13 pm by Kirk A »
Distinguished Pistol
Distinguished Revolver

Buckhunter

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:10:37 pm »
 Thanks Bruce and also thanks to A R "Dick" Harris who shared these
 wonderful Star Equipment pictures and men that I had read about
 but had no idea what they looked like. These type of shared pictures
 mean a lot to me and other Star Equipment users. Keep up the great
 work, you and Dick are appreciated for sharing.
 Buckhunter

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »
Thanks to all involved for getting a look at the men who made this gear a reality.  I bet never in their wildest dreams did they think they would have their work and products celebrated as we do with this forum on a daily basis. 

It doesn't take a forest of CNC machines in a 50,000 square foot factory to make products of high quality. At least it didn't ...

John