Author Topic: WTB: conversion set-ups for universal  (Read 7391 times)

m308c33

• View Profile
WTB: conversion set-ups for universal
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:37:27 pm »
Hello Star folks, new guy here!

I am looking for the following conversion parts for my, new to me and "awesome" Star Universal press, I need : Tool head(s), .45 acp dies & shell plate, .357/38 dies & shell plate, primer drop tube (small primer),  correct shell covers for my Hulme case feeder with the Freeloader. I have  M3 & M3a.

I might need other parts that I haven't thought of as well!

My Star Uni, is currently set up and running (Real well) in: 44spec/mag.  It has the OO powder housing with spacers, it also has a small powder slide, and two taller one set for 21 & 22 grains of 2400 (with the spacers installed). It came with both small & large primer slides, and the Brewster No. 100 shell plate indexing system. Everything mounted on a B&G Products metal system made for the Star.

Please, feel free to advise on other parts I could convert (I currently own four Dillon presses and have lots of those parts in hand), or any suggestions to get this unit rolling with the two calibers mentioned above.  9mm and 45 colt are of interest too.

Thank you in advance!
Mark

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: WTB: conversion set-ups for universal
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »
I can help you out with 38 Special dies and shell plate, the small primer magazine and the Hulme top plates.   I have everything in stock except the M3 top plate which I will have shortly.

Bruce
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

m308c33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »
Hey, thanks for the reply. Please send me an email with prices and your phone # etc. Also do the dies come with the mouth expander plug/nut.
Regards,
Mark

Buddy in FL

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:15:53 am »
I have a set of 45 acp dies, shell plate and toolhead. PM sent.

m308c33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »
Mark (new guy) here,

A big Thank you to Buddy (Howard) in Florida as I now have a completed .45 acp set-up. Very nice parts, great price, and working quite well.

I have some additional, and much needed parts coming from NJ too, many thanks to Bruce!

This is a wonderful forum with some very knowledgeable and super nice people.

Thanks to you all!!!

and I must say,  Stars---"ROCK"

:)