Author Topic: Powder Slide  (Read 8495 times)

wfgiles

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Powder Slide
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:12:37 pm »
I have a Universal Machine that I am setting up for .45 ACP. I have had no real issues until I got to the powder slide and throwing 5.0 gr of Red Dot Powder. I have a - 27A Powder Slide No. OO -- 5/16" Thick for the Universal Reloader only. Max. capacity 7.0 gr. B.E. or 8 gr. Unique or 11 gr. #2400. Is there a way to adjust the amount of powder delivered to the shell case?

Thanks,
Bill

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: Powder Slide
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 07:26:48 am »
I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if you are trying to throw a charge of 5.0 grains of Red Dot, you will need a powder slide with a hole that is 0.421" in diameter.   That same hole size would throw a charge of 6.65 grains of Bullseye.   I have a number of extra 00 powder slides, but nothing that big.   You might want to consider a 1/2" powder slide with interchangeable bushings.    http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1618.0

PS Welcome to the forum, Lots of great people and good information here.

I have a Universal Machine that I am setting up for .45 ACP. I have had no real issues until I got to the powder slide and throwing 5.0 gr of Red Dot Powder. I have a - 27A Powder Slide No. OO -- 5/16" Thick for the Universal Reloader only. Max. capacity 7.0 gr. B.E. or 8 gr. Unique or 11 gr. #2400. Is there a way to adjust the amount of powder delivered to the shell case?

Thanks,
Bill
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

johnfreeman

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:35:02 am »
The adapter kit Bruce mentions works very well and is very nicely fabricated.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very new myself but have learned a lot from the helpful people here
John

wfgiles

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:55:14 am »
Thanks for the help guys. Barreltester is sending an adjustable Powder slide. I will give it a try and get back.

Bill