Author Topic: WTB Star Lube/Sizer spring assembly and pressure screw  (Read 7137 times)

Fairshake

• View Profile
WTB Star Lube/Sizer spring assembly and pressure screw
« on: June 26, 2015, 09:57:30 am »
I purchased a Star lube/sizer that was from the San Diego period. After cleaning out the old grease, I found that the spring assembly had been brazed because of a earlier breakage. They brazed a flat washer onto the screw assembly which allows the press to work but not as it was designed. To correct this back yard work, I'll need to replace both the main pressure spring and the upper screw assembly. I'm hoping that someone has these parts from a old sizer or parts machine. Thanks for any help in this matter. I know that the parts may be purchased from Magma but I live on SS and was hoping to purchase some used parts for the replacement. Later David

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: WTB Star Lube/Sizer spring assembly and pressure screw
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 08:56:10 pm »
If you don't have any luck here, try the Cast Boolets forum.   There is a Star Equipment Corner in the Casting Equipment section.   Someone who has converted their Star Lubsizer to use the Magma air feed system might have the parts you need.  Alternatively, you could install the Magma air feed system.....but that would run $140.   
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Fairshake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:35:20 am »
I've been a member of Cast Boolits for over 7 years now but I use the handle of Cajun Shooter on that forum. I've used the Star since 1970 and as I posted in my OP, I'm aware that the needed parts may be purchased from Magma as I 'm also a registered buyer with them for many years.
Looking for a better deal as I live on a fixed income. Later David

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »
I wasn't suggesting that you purchase the parts from Magma, only that you might have more luck finding them on the Cast Boolets forum.  Maybe you already asked the question over there, I didn't see it, but I don't spend nearly as much time there as here so I may have missed it.  I did read and understand your post.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com