Author Topic: Help Identifying a Star Reloading Press  (Read 5383 times)

jbutler1946

• View Profile
Help Identifying a Star Reloading Press
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:29:18 pm »
Hello,

I'm posting to see if I can get some help identifying this Star Reloading Press. I was told by a friend it is a star universal reloading press setup for 38 special. I'm into reloading but I have never ran across anything like this. This is a very cool press. Way better than my Lee Single Stage Press. lol. I was also asked to post this on Ebay for a friend but I figured I had better be sure I knew what this press actually was before posting in online for sale. I would also like to know what you guys think it is worth. It appears to have alot if accessories and primer tubes and case feeder tubes. Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in Advance.

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: Help Identifying a Star Reloading Press
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:46:00 pm »
The Universal you have pictured appears to be in very good condition. Be aware that .38 was the most common caliber Star manufactured, first in the Progressive, and later in the Universal. Next in line was .45acp. Certainly the case feeder adds a few dollars to the base price for this very common caliber.

I would suggest you search through the WTS/WTB listings on this site to get an idea of prices and values.

Good luck!
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

jbutler1946

• View Profile
Re: Help Identifying a Star Reloading Press
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:54 pm »
Thank You , I really appreciate the help. It does appear to be in good shape. I'm sure it will find a good useful home. I will browse the WTB/WTS section as you suggested. Thanks Again