Author Topic: Indexer on eBay  (Read 7679 times)

824tsv

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Indexer on eBay
« on: July 31, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »
Interesting indexer attached to a Progressive. Never seen one like this before. Does anyone have any information on it. I'm pretty sure the seller is a member here. Just curious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/552-Star-progressive-reloading-press-38-Special-with-Hulme-case-feeder-indexer-/372029923289?hash=item569eb61fd9:g:XloAAOSwOvZZepFI

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Indexer on eBay
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 05:36:25 pm »
Appears to be Home made and very functional. The metal plate looks as though it has been Laser cut, if so it may be of recent manufacture. Just guessing here of course.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »
Interesting indexer attached to a Progressive. Never seen one like this before. Does anyone have any information on it. I'm pretty sure the seller is a member here. Just curious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/552-Star-progressive-reloading-press-38-Special-with-Hulme-case-feeder-indexer-/372029923289?hash=item569eb61fd9:g:XloAAOSwOvZZepFI

That was a commercial product.  It has been way to long for me to remember anything about it but I remember seeing something like that decades ago.
former progressive press collector

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:27:46 pm »
I agree with Ken, it's a commercial product.  I have a box full of them.   You generally see them on Phelps and earlier Star's like the one in the eBay listing.   They don't seem to fit as well on later model Stars.   There is a Clockwork type spring under the big pulley and it's very susceptible to breakage.  Replacements are hard to come by.

The machine in the eBay listing is a Star Progressive, but has several of Phelps parts.

Bruce Williams
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Kenneth L. Walters

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 10:45:56 am »

That was a commercial product.  It has been way to long for me to remember anything about it but I remember seeing something like that decades ago.

I've been thinking about that.  I'm pretty sure that that is a Phelps indexer.
former progressive press collector