Author Topic: in Connecticut with Loader. where to start!?  (Read 7139 times)

eplain

• Active Members
    • View Profile
in Connecticut with Loader. where to start!?
« on: August 13, 2017, 06:04:37 pm »
I have a Starloader with manuals and many additional parts and pieces that make no sense to me (they were my Dads).
I am going to try and sell it all, but as I see it, I have 2 options...take photos of everything, and put it all out there and start taking questions and offers,
or trying to ask questions about what i DO have, and try to learn so I can place a reasonable value on this.

I was wondering if some of you can offer an opinion as to how I should go about this?
Any help, thoughts, would be greatly appreciated.

PS- I also have a Rockchucker (I believe it is spelled),

and a 70 series Gold Cup 45, a Carbine and a beautiful Springfield M1 Garand
that I also wanted to sell, and was wondering if someone cared to point me in the right direction there?
I figure there must be a reputable site for those? Any thoughts??

Ed

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: in Connecticut with Loader. where to start!?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
Give me a call and I can walk you through what you have and what it might be worth.   I might even be interested in buying it.  The reloader that is.

Bruce Williams
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:55:19 pm »
The three mentioned firearms will all provide a good value, and have both collector and shooter interest.

I primarily do firearms appraisals and evaluations for attorneys as well as estate and insurance needs, so my 2 cents is:

1. Do some research and do not jump at the first offer.

2. If you can try to find a local firearms appraiser in your area, or at least a dealer that will not try to under price you, to get an estimate of resale value.

3. Check out same and similar models that have actually sold on Gunbroker.com.  Auction listing price alone is not a sign of a guns value.

4. Invest in a months access to Fejestads Blue Book (www.BlueBookofgunvalues.com) and estimate your self, but pay attention to the many variances between models and serial number ranges.

5. Assess their condition accurately.

Good luck.
Kenn

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

eplain

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:50:37 pm »
Thank you very much (Sorry i didnt respond earlier, I was under the impression that i was set up to receive reply notifications through email!

Ed

The three mentioned firearms will all provide a good value, and have both collector and shooter interest.

I primarily do firearms appraisals and evaluations for attorneys as well as estate and insurance needs, so my 2 cents is:

1. Do some research and do not jump at the first offer.

2. If you can try to find a local firearms appraiser in your area, or at least a dealer that will not try to under price you, to get an estimate of resale value.

3. Check out same and similar models that have actually sold on Gunbroker.com.  Auction listing price alone is not a sign of a guns value.

4. Invest in a months access to Fejestads Blue Book (www.BlueBookofgunvalues.com) and estimate your self, but pay attention to the many variances between models and serial number ranges.

5. Assess their condition accurately.

Good luck.
Kenn

eplain

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:40 pm »

Thank you very much.
Same to you Bruce, as i said>>>  (Sorry i didnt respond earlier, I was under the impression that i was set up to receive reply notifications through email!

Iill give you a call!

Ed

Give me a call and I can walk you through what you have and what it might be worth.   I might even be interested in buying it.  The reloader that is.

Bruce Williams