Author Topic: All Sold: Universal Presses (Pictures Added, History Update, Prices Reduced)  (Read 8334 times)

smidsr

• Active Members
    • View Profile
I have three presses for sale all in .45ACP.  I do not have any other accessories like case feeders. All three are in very good condition, each with varying degrees of wear and tear.  They are priced at $750, $700, $650 including ground freight to the lower 48.  Or I will sell all 3 for $2000.  Postal Money Order Preferred.  Please post or message me with other questions.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:51:56 am by smidsr »

smidsr

• Active Members
    • View Profile
For Sale: Universal Presses
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:06:32 pm »
Thanks much for the interest in the presses!

Now looking for some reasonable offers.

Happy Labor Day!!

smidsr

• Active Members
    • View Profile
For Sale: Universal Presses (Pictures Added)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 02:56:13 pm »
Got some IT Help.  Pictures Added.

Note: These are compressed, please message me with an email for the originals.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:05:22 pm by smidsr »

smidsr

• Active Members
    • View Profile
For Sale: Universal Presses (Pictures Added and History)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 07:32:04 pm »
Hi All,

I just wanted to take a minute and add a little history about these presses. 

The third one pictured was my father's (WWII Veteran) which he purchased directly from Star in San Diego.  This was one of his most prized possessions to go along with his passion for Bullseye shooting (he also had an affinity for HP Rifle shooting and had Star make him a 30-06 loader as well - that one my brother got and sold already).  He loaded with this press for probably 40 years and it works just as good as it did when I was a boy helping to place bullets in charged cases.  I inherited this one when my father passed away a couple years ago.

The second  loader pictured is the first one I purchased back in about 2000 from Bill Cunningham, my father helped me set it up for our standard wadcutter load and I've never changed it.  To this point, I will admit I really do not know that much about setting up these presses.  Further, I used this press very little (and only with my father) until I was placed in an overseas assignment in 2004.  At that time I oiled it down good and put it in a climate controlled gun safe where it sits to this day (except for the pictures).

The first loader pictured I bought about 2002 and do not recall using it.  This one is also in the safe.  One note, as shown in the pictures the powder bar is not in this press, but I do have it.

One other point to add, the second and third loaders have the decapping pins removed as my father always decapped and cleaned his cases offline to insure no debris (e.g. sand) would get into the Star, I followed this procedure as well.  I should have these pins in my collection and will include them in the sale (and if for some reason I can't find them, I would get them from the new Star/ Bruce Williams).

Given all that, after much internal debate (and doctor's visits), due to shoulder joint health issues I have had to give up all out bullseye shooting myself (I do continue a bit with the .22).  So I can assure anyone that is interested in these presses, they are 100% in working order and ready to load .45s well into the future.

Thanks again for your interest!!

Steve.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:48:22 am by smidsr »

smidsr

• Active Members
    • View Profile
For Sale: Universal Presses (Pictures Added, History Update, Prices Reduced)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 12:46:22 am »
Updates: I received some great feedback today which resulted in two things:

1) Some minor changes to the history post.  Most notable, being told the decapping pins are removed on 2 of the presses helped clear up some details for me, sorry for any confusion these have been in storage for 13 years now....
2) My pricing was too high, I've made a significant reduction on the first post.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest and also help!!

jonadd

• View Profile
Old post I know, but if one of these presses is still available, I would be interested.

demotu

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Hello.  Scott Clark here.  I am interested in buying a .45 Star universal and would like to hear from you if you still have one for sale.
Call any time [no e-mail]@ (760) 937 3295 or email to [no e-mail]@.com.
thanks,
Scott Clark