Author Topic: Auto ejection  (Read 28187 times)

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
Re: Auto ejection
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 08:05:51 am »
Diesel,
The port prob would have to be opened for it to work. A neat job. I had to add guide to keep the rd aligned in tc station.

Apologize for the late comment

Ron

Ray Brandes

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • Ray-Vin.Com
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 12:50:26 pm »
I have a design that works pretty well. I am not completely happy with it yet so non are for sale.

http://www.bullybarrel.ray-vin.com/frejector.htm

Regards, Ray in FLA
Regards, Ray

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 01:04:26 pm »
Nice concept Ray.   Only problem I see is that some taper crimp dies must be adjusted all the way down to the shell plate to get proper crimp.   I have the same problem with the Star Safety Cam/ejector that I have.  It works fine for Star 45 ACP Taper Crimp dies but interfears with some of the other taper crimp dies that I have.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Ray Brandes

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • Ray-Vin.Com
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 07:34:40 pm »
That ejector is sure different than the safety thing that came with my Star! Is it a Star item?
As far as taper crimp dies coming all the way down, I don't doubt that some do this, but is it necessary? Couldn't the die be shortened at the bottom where it isn't doing anything to the case?
Regards, Ray
Regards, Ray

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 10:00:52 pm »
Yes, the Safety Cam pictured is an original Star part.   That particular one was marked 38, but I was able to modify it by making the hook portion a little shorter so a 45 case could clear it.  It works very well.

Yes, technically you could shorten the die, but that would mean cutting off the knurled portion, and also part of the die that is beveled on the inside that helps to guide the case into the die.  I'd prefer to find a solution that didn't require such drastic measures.

Actually, another member made me a case ejecter that works on the same principle as the Star ejector, but without the safety cam.  In both cases, the case coming out of the case feeder actuates a spring wire which becomes loaded while a loaded round is in the taper crimp die, and flings the loaded cartridge out as the taper crimp die clears the case.  If you look closely at my picture, you can see the spring wire. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:45:40 pm by rbwillnj »
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 12:09:47 am »
Ray,
Where are located in FL?
I'm in Hudson.
Ron

Ray Brandes

• Active Members
    • View Profile
    • Ray-Vin.Com
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 08:49:17 am »
Ron,
Marianna, in the panhandle. Only 2 miles from exit 142 on I-10, but about 300 miles away from y'all.
-Ray
Regards, Ray

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Auto ejection...Any PICS?
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:27 am »
Re: MA Systems made a very effective ejector. The one I have has been working without a failure for about 100,000 rounds. How ever I don't think they make them any more.

Does anybody have any pictures of an MA systems ejector or know of where to get one of these? I don't have any form of auto ejection now. I'm looking for different possiblities! Thanks, Pete