Author Topic: Star Reloader Parts  (Read 20226 times)

centurion

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Star Reloader Parts
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:06:39 pm »
I am looking for part #39U Safety Cam (1), Part #41 Safety Cam Spring (1) and part #42 safety Cam Screw (1). Can anyone help? Thanks.

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
Re: Star Reloader Parts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:41:28 pm »
There is a member on this site; Steve Ogden that has a number of older leftover parts. You may try him.
His message box here is often filled, but somewhere in the wtb/wts area is his address and contact info.

Curious though as to why you want it to add it or how much you use it. If there is a taper crimp die in the last position, it cannot be used. I have a topic started on this elsewhere on this board.

Good luck.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:38:52 pm »
You didn't mention those parts before, I have a complete safety cams available,   Standard, Cam, Spring, Screw, and stop pin.   I have them for both Progressives and Universals.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:05:01 pm by rbwillnj »
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:24:48 am »
I've just picked up a bunch of powder slides and powder slide housings. Both O and OO.
There's one in the bunch that's marked " ACES" without any powder or grain designation. It's a OO slide. It appears to have an insert in the charging hole on the slide. Does anybody have any info on this powder slide? Thanks, Pete

toolnon

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 02:17:31 pm »
I had an Aces powder slide years ago. As I recall it had 5 bushing that came with the slide, and the bushings were sized for 5 diffrent ammounts of Bullseye powder. I dont remember the ammounts but I do remember that the ammount was written on the outside of the bushings with an electric pencil.

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:13:29 pm »
Toolnon...
Thanks for the info! Every little bit helps. I'm going to press out the bushing that's in there now and see what size I've got. Do you know of any chart that went with the slide and bushing set. Who made these? Again, Thanks...Pete

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 11:06:38 pm »
Pete, i have a 1/2" powder Housing and several powder slides, one takes the Hornady pistol powder bushings, George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:26:17 pm »
333OKH's slide which uses the Hornady bushings is both the most economical & flexible strategy for achieving various charges with the star. They can be ordered from a chart in the throw wt desired for the powder desired.

Of course I must add the disclaimer..."in my opinion"!

Ron H

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 12:56:25 pm »
George, Ron...will these bushings you're talking about fit or can I use them in this " ACES" powder slide that I have? I haven't pressed out the bushing in my slide yet but using a dial caliper it seems to measure .5 or 1/2 inch. What's the OD on the Hornady bushings and where can I get them? Thanks, Pete

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 01:21:19 pm »
Pete, they are 1/2" by 1/2" tall, i got some from Hornady, just bought a bunch on ebay, the powder drops are listed in the Hornady catalog, real nice setup, George.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

45 ACP

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 01:53:40 pm »
George...Are you telling me Hornady makes a bushing type slide to fit Star machines? I'll pick up a Hornady catalog ASAP...Pete

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 03:25:13 pm »
Hornady does not make the slides, Star made 1/2" powder slides and powder housing for the machines that needed bigger powder capacity, like the 44 mag, i cant swear that Star made them, others on here would know, Hornady makes the bushings for their pistol setup, these are the bushings that are used in the star 1/2" powder slides, I have also heard of 5/8" powder housings and slides, although i have never seen any, George.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:57:37 pm by 333OKH »
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 07:18:40 pm »
I'm not sure that Star ever made a bushing type slide, but a couple other companies did.  Berdon for one.   I have a 00 powder slide made by Berdon that is very similar to the one 45 ACP descibed as ACES.   I don't know who made the 1/2 bushing slides, but a number of users converted 1/2" Star powder slides to accept Pacific (now Hornady) bushings.

If any one is interested, I have made up a number of 1/2" powder slides that accept the Hornady bushings.  I include the spacers need to convert a 00 housing to a 1/2" housing, and a couple of starter bushings. (bushings with small holes that you can enlarge)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:03:48 pm by rbwillnj »
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 08:06:13 pm »
rbwillnj,
Can I get just the spacers from you? I have 3 setups; 0, 00, & a home made bar & hosing for the hornady bushings. I would like the flexibility of using them with the 00.

thanks,
Ron