Author Topic: Method of payment  (Read 13674 times)

varmintpopper

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Method of payment
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:04 am »
I bought my star reloaders in the 1950s, I ordered replacement parts,Dies, Punches, etc. by calling Star by
telepone.  they filled the order and shipped it to me with an Invoice telling me how much money that I owed them. at that time I would write them a check and mail the check to them in payment for the parts that I recieved.
did this for many,many years,,, thought it was the norm !! Did anyone else Pay by a different method ???

Lindy

CDRT

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Method of payment
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:26:27 am »
My experience is the same as your's.  I remember calling Star in the early 80s when I was refurbishing a machine that I had picked up.  They sent me the parts with an invoice and I sent them a check.  You don't see that anymore.
Distinguished Pistol Shot

maurilew

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:28:50 am »
Star was a great place to shop/buy,and went right along with the buyers at that time, However the buyer has modified it,s attitude and manner of being trustful , so a bit of self protection is warranted.
maurilew

NYKenn

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot
    • View Profile
    • The Firing Line
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:42:20 pm »
I can remember two separate occurrences.
1. My father bought some parts in the late 60s, or early 70s. Either for the Reloader or Lubri-sizer. Parts sent with an invoice for payment, but not positive if the parts were directly from Star or through Gil Hebard at the time? I know Hebard was a reseller of Star.
2. I purchased a new Star (direct) for a friend in the early 80s, who was getting into Bullseye. Everyone advised him Star was the way to go, so I ordered one for him at his request with some extras. I was sent a price quote, and a note that the order would be processed as soon as payment received.

I should still have the early 80s order paperwork in my files. Will take a look and post any pertinent info if there is any.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

CHAWKI44

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:22 pm »
I have over 20 Star Loading Machines - -some of the first models.   Some of the machines were experimental and proto types or were Elard Mocks personnel machines .  I would like to share photos and information with those that might be interested but can’t figure out how to attach photos to this site.  If you are interested  email  me   - - [no e-mail]@.com   
Chris

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 05:59:07 pm »
ChawkI44   I sent you a Private message.   I'd be happy to post pictures for you.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com