Author Topic: Request for assistance with indexer  (Read 8366 times)

THEcapt

• View Profile
Request for assistance with indexer
« on: August 20, 2009, 06:10:23 pm »
I am a new member to this venue, but have a basic understanding of Star equipment.  Most has been in storage since shortly after purchase and I am now trying to put the parts together.  There is what appears to be a commercial indexer, the name is mostly faded, but it looks like "Howe" or "Hoyer."  Does anyone have any information which might assist me with its attachment to the press itself.  I have a fair idea of how it needs to be positioned but there seems to be a metal part with a thumbscrew which needs attached to some place on the tool head.  There is a spring on the end of the indexer that also needs attached somewhere to cause the index arm to return.  After several years of not reloading, due to cramped apartment space my reloading equipment is scheduled for a "room of its own."   

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
Re: Request for assistance with indexer
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:52:50 pm »
Check putting the thumbscrew clamp on the tool head "link". It probably uses the thumbscrew to provide adjustment for travel. The spring on mine is attached to the indexer itself. But then I'm not at all sure I have the same type indexer as you.

THEcapt

• View Profile
Re: Request for assistance with indexer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 03:51:05 am »
 Thanks.  I think the thing was soaked in motor oil and dried slowly.  It looks very clean after I can get the "yellow plastic-like stuff" off.  Now I bleieve it does say "HOYER".  It looks like there are initials in front and the next line down says "Automatic indexer..."  I shall try as you say and see what happens next.