Author Topic: Hulme Case Feeder Instructions/Troubleshooting  (Read 13291 times)

ce1911

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Hulme Case Feeder Instructions/Troubleshooting
« on: June 13, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »
Does anyone have instructions or troubleshooting tips on the Hulme case feeder assembly? I am starting to have 45 acp cases that don't always snap completely into the shellholder. This happens intermittently now but never did it before. The feeder bar seems to move pretty freely. How do you take this apart? I have been unable to find any instructions on it.
Dale

333OKH

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme Case Feeder Instructions/Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:44:33 pm »
Slide the piece off the rear of the feeder, spring will come out, remove the cam on the side of the feeder bolt, remove the bolt from body.
George Tucker
NRA Life Member
USMC Life Member

MikeA

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 01:14:40 am »
You might also check the rims on the cases that are not feeding properly.
At times the rim can become damaged during extraction after firing.  Partially
blown primers can also cause problems.

ce1911

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:43 pm »
It did the same with new cases so I took the feeder apart and cleaned it up. This worked better but was still not feeding the case in all the time. It seemed like it was dragging a little yet so I adjusted the bolt cam roller so it had a little more clearance between the roller and the feeder body. The bolt moved smoother and I ran 40 through without a hang up. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Dale

Star73

• Active Members
  • Distinguished Pistol Shot Bullseye Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 11:49:16 pm »
Does anyone have instructions or troubleshooting tips on the Hulme case feeder assembly? I am starting to have 45 acp cases that don't always snap completely into the shellholder. This happens intermittently now but never did it before. The feeder bar seems to move pretty freely. How do you take this apart? I have been unable to find any instructions on it.
Dale

Check the actuating cam position. If it has slipped a bit the unit will be "shortstroking"-not giving the full cycle needed. If this appears is so  adjust he securing nut as needed.

ron

fc60

• Active Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:06:07 pm »
Greetings,

I found a one page instruction sheet in my box of stuff. If you want a scan of it contact me.

Cheers,

Dave