Author Topic: bullet feeder for star  (Read 7454 times)

jtd

• Active Members
    • View Profile
bullet feeder for star
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:22:08 am »
I am interested in adding a bullet feeder to a star universal set up for .45 acp. The bullets I use most frequently are of the swaged lead wadcutter type. I can't seem to find a lot of information on this topic except for older feeders from years ago that didn't seem to be very popular. I see that Lee is currently making a feeder for their presses that looks as if it might work but the problem would be mounting the thing to the star. I would appreciate very much any information or discussion from ya'll about this topic. Personal experience, opinion or recomendation will be greatly appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  jtd

leatherguy

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: bullet feeder for star
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 01:56:44 pm »
Hi, I have an original HULME bullet feeder, on my 45 machine. This machine has a Hulme bullet feeder, Hulme case feeder, and a Brewster indexer. When all tubes are full, this baby cranks them out! The only thing it's missing, is a case kicker. I don't load for speed, as much as I enjoy loading with all original ERA equipment. I just found a complete 38 machine set up the same way, but have not had time to play with it. On this forum, there are a few STAR MACHINE experts, and parts duplicators. Any bullet feeder, other than a Hulme, will have to be adapted to a STAR. There is a Hulme bullet feeder (not complete) on Ebay right now, if you want to see what it looks like. I hope to get a utube clip of one of my machines in operation for those, who have not seen one, and can appreciate what was done years ago. The Hulme bullet feeder, is an incredibly intricate looking device. You gotta love these machines!!!!!!!

Gene

rbwillnj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Star Machine Works
Re: bullet feeder for star
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »
There is a seller on eBay, "couragecara" who sells a kit to adapt the Lee Bullet feeder to the Star.  It does not include the Lee Bullet Feeder.  He has one listed right now.  

Please don't take this a recommendation as I have no idea how well it works.
Star Machine Works
Star, the original blue Press.  Made by machinist, not machines.
www.StarMachineWorks.com