Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Star Reloaders / Re: Bullet Feeders
« Last post by angus6 on Today at 10:57:49 AM »
rangedog thanks for the video , picked up a couple of those feeders years and and never messed with setting them up just might have to pull 1 out and tinker with it
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Re: in Connecticut with Loader. where to start!?
« Last post by NYKenn on August 14, 2017, 06:55:19 PM »
The three mentioned firearms will all provide a good value, and have both collector and shooter interest.

I primarily do firearms appraisals and evaluations for attorneys as well as estate and insurance needs, so my 2 cents is:

1. Do some research and do not jump at the first offer.

2. If you can try to find a local firearms appraiser in your area, or at least a dealer that will not try to under price you, to get an estimate of resale value.

3. Check out same and similar models that have actually sold on Gunbroker.com.  Auction listing price alone is not a sign of a guns value.

4. Invest in a months access to Fejestads Blue Book (www.BlueBookofgunvalues.com) and estimate your self, but pay attention to the many variances between models and serial number ranges.

5. Assess their condition accurately.

Good luck.
Kenn

Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Re: in Connecticut with Loader. where to start!?
« Last post by rbwillnj on August 13, 2017, 11:33:22 PM »
Give me a call and I can walk you through what you have and what it might be worth.   I might even be interested in buying it.  The reloader that is.

Bruce Williams
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / in Connecticut with Loader. where to start!?
« Last post by eplain on August 13, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »
I have a Starloader with manuals and many additional parts and pieces that make no sense to me (they were my Dads).
I am going to try and sell it all, but as I see it, I have 2 options...take photos of everything, and put it all out there and start taking questions and offers,
or trying to ask questions about what i DO have, and try to learn so I can place a reasonable value on this.

I was wondering if some of you can offer an opinion as to how I should go about this?
Any help, thoughts, would be greatly appreciated.

PS- I also have a Rockchucker (I believe it is spelled),

and a 70 series Gold Cup 45, a Carbine and a beautiful Springfield M1 Garand
that I also wanted to sell, and was wondering if someone cared to point me in the right direction there?
I figure there must be a reputable site for those? Any thoughts??

Ed
I previously posted similar for another  who  WTT w/.45

38 was the most common caliber and 9mm was much rarer in quantity, and less common, the value is different and I doubt you will find many people willing to trade straight up, but maybe open to trade and cash as you suggest,

I know Rich Daniels (Barreltester) on this site make shell-plates, but I would also expect Bruce Williams (RBWillNJ) on this site, can supply both dies and plate and get you up and running in no time.

FYI
When I began to load .9mm, I went with an adjustable measure until I found my ideal load and then drilled a bar to that fixed powder drop.
Good luck!.
I have a star universal set up for 38 spl and would like to convert it to 9mm. If you want to swap dies and shellplate let me know. I 2 have lifetime dies and the expander. No separate crimp die. If needed I can throw in some cash too. I can supply pics upon request. Thanks!

Tony

Dick
If its still available, I will buy it.
-Harold
comet1(at)frontiernet(dot)net
Give me a call or send me an email with your name and shipping address and I will send you an invoice with payment instructions.

Bruce Williams
How do I go about ordering the primer magazines?
Star Reloaders / Re: Indexer on eBay
« Last post by Kenneth L. Walters on August 01, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »
Interesting indexer attached to a Progressive. Never seen one like this before. Does anyone have any information on it. I'm pretty sure the seller is a member here. Just curious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/552-Star-progressive-reloading-press-38-Special-with-Hulme-case-feeder-indexer-/372029923289?hash=item569eb61fd9:g:XloAAOSwOvZZepFI

That was a commercial product.  It has been way to long for me to remember anything about it but I remember seeing something like that decades ago.

I've been thinking about that.  I'm pretty sure that that is a Phelps indexer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
anything
anything