Author Topic: How to get operation manuals for a Universal reloader  (Read 8542 times)

bigbologna

• View Profile
How to get operation manuals for a Universal reloader
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:18:12 pm »
I have a Universal reloader with a rotating top that hold 10 different reloading tools.  It is marked "patten 1935 and has holders for 4 different size shells at the bottom.  It was my father's and I would like to start reloading but need the operations manual or other books that can tell me how to use it.

cc656d

• Active Members
    • View Profile
Re: How to get operation manuals for a Universal reloader
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:07 pm »
Pictures might help. I do not think that I have ever seen a Star Universal tool with a rotating top.
Distinguished pistol shot
2600 club
NIB Star
Benefactor member NRA
Life Member Va, Md, WVa, and Fl State Shooting Associations , Life OGCA

G. Deming

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »
I believe that your machine is not a Star but one of the original Hollywood Gun Shop turret machines. Those machines were black crackle finished with, I believe, an 8 position turret at the top, a four position turret below for the priming punches (two each large and small and the same for flat and domed primers). I saw a similar machine on E-bay not too long ago, you might compare that to your machine if it's still there. There are several Hollywood shell holders on E-bay and adaptors are readily available to convert both Hollywood and C-H presses to standard RCBS shell holders. Standard 7/8" dies will work.

G. Deming

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »
Also, Google "oldest reloading tools" and find the Firearms Forum............The entry of 11/23/10 shows a beautiful picture of what, I suspect, might be your machine.......Sorry, I don't know how to send you the exact link but you can find it that way.