Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Star Reloaders / Re: Glass Powder Hopper
« Last post by fc60 on January 24, 2024, 01:42:21 pm »
Greetings,

I was able to cut the thread to the proper Star Tapered 9/16-27.

So, I install it on my machine and, grrrrr, when you push the slide in to stop the powder and try to unscrew the hopper the slide is too long and binds on the tool head.

So sad. A nicely machined part that does not work.

Cheers,

Dave
« Last post by fc60 on January 11, 2024, 07:59:27 pm »
Greetings,

Good point. I believe Star would not endorse shut off devices on the hopper.

For me, I would be lost without a hopper with a shutoff.

I am constantly changing powders and weights to support my testing needs.

Cheers,

Dave
« Last post by tony barone on January 11, 2024, 06:06:34 pm »
They looked great on eBay but I am always reluctant to buy anything with a cut off in the powder hopper. I've never had a squib in over 300,000   rounds and find it easy enough to unscrew the power hopper and dump the powder into the proper container.
Tony Barone
Star Reloaders / Glass Powder Hopper
« Last post by fc60 on January 11, 2024, 04:15:15 pm »
Greetings,

I purchased a new Glass Powder Hopper with shutoff slide via eBay.

Very nicely machined.

However, the mounting thread is WRONG.

As supplied, it is a 9/16-27 STRAIGHT thread and does not fit the powder housing correctly.

I notified the Seller; but, no response.

I plan to chuck the offending part in my lathe and machine the CORRECT TAPERED THREAD when it warms up a bit.

Cheers,

Dave
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Re: Wtb moon indexer West Kentucky
« Last post by tony barone on January 09, 2024, 02:38:04 pm »
I have loaded over 300,000 rounds with the MA Indexer and have never had an issue same original parts in it. It has to be set up properly same with the Easy Loader the Eject Ease, Case Feeder and Bullet feeder.  MA System was Dope as todays youth would say.
« Last post by rbwillnj on January 05, 2024, 11:55:41 am »
Daniel,   Try this material from McMaster-Carr to fix your MA Systems Roto-Ease Indexers

https://www.mcmaster.com/59725K734

Bruce Williams
« Last post by Cousin Daniel on January 04, 2024, 12:23:53 am »
Hi Tony,  I have had two qty of the ma indexer and I never had the success everyone talks about.

The design is able I believe,  my issue I feel was in the replacement rubber limbs being to stiff.

Mainly I am tired of turning the shell plate and removing the cartridge, I like my star BUT my dillon rl450 with ejector and star wheel leaves it in the dust on average.
« Last post by tony barone on January 03, 2024, 07:32:18 pm »
You should look for a MA System Indexer as it is a much better unit.
Stars Want to Sell/Want to Buy / Wtb moon indexer West Kentucky
« Last post by Cousin Daniel on January 03, 2024, 07:29:16 pm »
Hello I would like to purchase a moon indexer OR I would like to rent a moon indexer for 2 weeks to make blue prints of the unit so it can be replicated and fill a much needed niche.

Text/call

Daniel Riggs

2*7*0*6*1*9*2*8*9*6
Star Reloaders / Re: New indexer
« Last post by Scott L on January 01, 2024, 09:40:32 pm »
Scott;

Any idea how many others competitors are using this?

Where was the match located?

Good luck.

It was developed so those of use with a 32swl pistol receiver/bolt and a 32acp barrel can use the 60gr -78gr projectiles. Only two of us that I know of are using it.
I was told about it at a match in the Puyallup area of Western Washington State.
The gentleman that developed the round is machining 32swl brass down to his chamber depth. I'm using S&W short brass and polymer coated projectiles with no issues.

Problems with Pardini's are magazine adjustment to get the 32acp to work and you have to buy a 32acp upper.$$$.
My Walther GSP and Erma ESP-85a would need the 32swl bolt face TIG welded and re-machined into a 32acp rim diameter - I'm a TIG welder, but don't want modify them.

I didn't want to name names as they can respond if they want.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »