Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Star Reloaders / Re: New indexer
« Last post by Scott L on January 01, 2024, 12:51:32 am »
I give up, what is 32 Baczuk Special?

First, I have started labeling everything, so that when I croak my kids know what it is - Star 32acp dies and a 32Long shell plate. Easy to configure for the acp or long rounds.
The Baczuk Spl is an NRA centerfire bullseye round developed to use in a 32Long pistol (boltface) with a 32acp barrel chamber allowing the use of 60gr - 78gr projectiles.
32Long brass is cut down to 32acp chamber spec.
I have welded up one Walther bolt that was re-machined into a 32acp boltface and didn't want to do that on my Erma.
I was told about the round at a match and decided to try it - it's very accurate!
Hope this explains it's development.
« Last post by NYKenn on December 27, 2023, 08:44:31 am »
Did not know the Somar was from Wisconsin.
The Freeloader also came from Wisconsin, but from Beloit, I believe, Different person and location. Inventor is still a member of this site.
Maybe something in the cheese?
« Last post by rbwillnj on December 27, 2023, 08:33:12 am »
Looks well made, like an updated version of the Somar Indexer.

I give up, what is 32 Baczuk Special?
« Last post by Scott L on December 27, 2023, 08:00:17 am »
Greetings,
I decided to purchase an Index Assistor and am very happy with it. I load two types of .32 rounds and indexing by hand leads to spilled powder once in a while.
In use - after removing the crimped/finished round, I push the Assistor and never spilled any powder out of 50 of these short cases.
It's well made and very smooth in use.

Scott

Star Reloaders / Re: #16 Expander Plug
« Last post by jcullen on December 25, 2023, 03:04:16 pm »
Thank you, I'll call you next week, seems really hard going into the 38spl case after sizer
Star Reloaders / Re: #16 Expander Plug
« Last post by rbwillnj on December 25, 2023, 09:23:35 am »
Tight on the Expander or tight on the bullet?  .358 is Standard.   There is spring back in the brass so you still have case tension.   
I do have smaller diameter expanders.
Star Reloaders / #16 Expander Plug
« Last post by jcullen on December 24, 2023, 11:27:24 am »
Does anyone know the diameter of the expander plug for 38spl in the Progressive  press  I mic mine at .358 seems tight.
Loading Data & Reloading Procedures / Re: Cam over
« Last post by fc60 on December 05, 2023, 07:59:10 pm »
Greetings,

With 7/8-14 dies and bottle neck rifle cases, "camming over" ensures the case is forced into the die for proper head space.

The Star is designed for Pistol cases and, as such, camming over is not needed nor desired.

If the face of the Carbide sizing die contacts the shell plate and you "cam it over" you risk fracturing the Carbide ring.

To adjust the Carbide Sizing die, back it off and cycle the press down where it is at "bottom dead center". Hold the handle with one hand and screw the die down until it just touches the shell plate. Nip the lock nut to hold the die in position and cycle the press fully to ensure that the die is not being forced into the shell plate.

Cheers,

Dave
Loading Data & Reloading Procedures / Cam over
« Last post by jcullen on December 05, 2023, 03:00:32 pm »
What is the purpose of cam over, I own multiple single stage presses, when they went cam over, it seemed the die was hitting the shell holder What am I missing???
Loading Data & Reloading Procedures / Re: .45 Brass small primer thorn.
« Last post by jcullen on December 02, 2023, 08:39:41 am »
Brian, You de-prime and size before using the Star, did you remove the Star resizing die from the head....Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »